Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ghost in the Symphonic Shell

I recently came across this video on YouTube and thought it was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.


If you're like me and grew up in the '90s, you may very well remember when anime started becoming a pretty hot topic. And you may also remember Ghost in the Shell as being one of the earlier anime features to gain widespread popularity in North America. One thing that always stood out about Ghost in the Shell, among other things, was its haunting soundtrack. I remember the opening, displaying a gritty futuristic cityscape of Hong Kong with the opening number of this video playing. It's just always stuck in my mind -- the perfect blend of dystopian imagery with the haunting, almost unsettling voices of the singers is always enough to give me goosebumps. Just hearing this video made it all come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment