Wednesday, May 23, 2012


 The Korean Zombie does it again! Just watched Fuel TV's latest UFC fight night and it was awesome! There were a lot of new guys I'm not so familiar with, but generally pretty good fights. This is an MMA event I'm talking about just so you know. Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone put on an impressive display of striking against Jeremy Stephens. But for me, and many others, the highlight of the night was the main event, Chan Sung Jung, otherwise known as the Korean Zombie vs. Dustin Poirier. The fight was exciting form start to finish, with Zombie giving Poirier a run for his money for the first two rounds. In the third round Zombie started gassing (running out of energy) after a ridiculously versatile display of submission attempts. This had me pretty worried as he kept dropping his hands making himself vulnerable to Poirier strikes (which were pretty solid). However, come round three, Poirier got caught by an uppercut, then a knee, and then Zombie quickly got him in a darce choke that rendered Poirier unconscious! It was CRAZY! You could here the crowd yelling Zombie! Zombie! Zombie! It was pretty awesome.

Here's the move that won it
 So, sometime ago I promised myself I would get a Korean Zombie T-shirt if he won three fights in a row... fortunately this awesome new shirt came out and I'm thinking I'll totally get it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment